Well hello there…ready to get to know about me on a whole new level?
Here I am, in a series of bullet points.
THE EARLY YEARS:
- I was born and raised in Las Vegas, NV
- I didn’t have the happiest childhood, but it was punctuated by deeply unconditional love
- I also almost died at the age of 18 months from meningitis
- I made up for being the smallest and youngest by being the weirdest and most curious
- I wanted to be the first female president until the age of 11
- I rocked the mix-match socks until the 7th grade
- I was an avid reader, writer, and poet
- I was also a tomboy and still feel awkward in dresses
THE TWEEN AND TEEN YEARS – THESE WERE THE PROGRESSIVELY DARK YEARS:
- I developed scoliosis at age 10 and wore a brace for 3.5 years
- They fused half my spine at age 14
- I lost all sense of myself in middle school
- I went from bright, colorful, and happy to hiding within myself, wearing dark clothes, and obsessively worrying what others thought.
- I left high school after a 9th grade teacher jaded my love of learning and decided to homeschool myself
- But then I fell down a rabbit hole of self- and drug-abuse
- I was also sexually and physically abused but sadly, thought it meant I was loved
- I became pregnant just shy of 17 years old
- I gave birth to an 8 lb son (Zeb) after 24 hours of natural labor
- His dad was incarcerated at the time
- I lived through intense depression, PPD, and multiple suicide attempts
- But then I had one of those Aha moments where everything shifted; I left my abusive relationship, and swore I would never go backward
- Shortly after I met, married, and was heartbroken by my first husband all within the span of 4 months – we’ll call that the practice run
- Because I then met my sweet hubby, Justin, just 2 months later
- Yeah, it was a whirlwind year.
THE TIDES STARTED TO TURN:
- I made a sudden but also obvious decision to attend massage school
- I also found my entrepreneurial roots and the wheels started turning
- I began working for myself within a few months of graduating
- Justin proposed somewhere in all that and we were married after 2 years together
- (It took me another 10 yrs to fully heal my old wounds and trust him implicitly)
- I was quickly falling down a rabbit hole of natural wellness
- I learned how to heal my depression through nutrition, natural wellness, and inner work
- I expanded my practice to a mobile massage company
- It was atrocious
- I was working way too much (16 hours days, anyone?)
- Our marriage was hitting the rough years
- I didn’t understand how my mindset and bad habits were limiting my growth and causing all my problems
- I burned out after 8 years and sold my company
THE GROUNDING YEARS:
- I decided to be a stay-at-home mom for awhile
- Our son was miserable in school, so we homeschooled/unschooled him from the time he was 7-14 years old
- Examining our parenting led me to examine my upbringing
- I delved deep into my own personal growth and healing
- It was during this time that I really began to discover myself and the tools that would allow me to grow
- At the same time we were going uber-green
- We converted our front and back yard into edible landscaping
- We reduced our energy consumption by 70%
- We raised chickens
- I was even trying to learn to knit and sew
- I started a green living website to teach others what we were learning, which started my love for online entrepreneurship
- Justin legally adopted Zeb around this time too
- Then he was laid off and everything changed again
THE GROWTH YEARS:
- Faced with the layoff, we sold or gave away 95% of our stuff
- We bought an old 1982, 22ft Winnebago
- And we packed up our life to travel the country together
- I spent the next 4 years delving even deeper into personal development, mindset, emotions, and lifestyle design
- I began working from the road as a lifestyle blogger
- Then I began teaching others my belief breakthrough process and how to overcome their fears and live their dreams
- It was definitely my calling
- I was introduced to doTERRA in 2012
- That led to an obsession with the neuroscience of essential oils
- I began learning and experimenting with essential oils for mindset hacking
- Then the oils biz basically took over my life for a few years
- I now run a community of thousands, and a doTERRA organization of 10’s of thousands
- Around this time our son decided to try out high school
- We settled down just outside Destin, FL after traveling for 4 years
- My husband opened a carpentry business here
- And we’ve spent the time growing our businesses and naturally, ourselves
- Our son graduated HS in 2018 ()
- Our goal now is to start traveling (part-time) again in the next few years
- But first, I have a purpose to fulfill
AND NOW HOW ABOUT SOME RANDOM AND WEIRD FACTS?
- I’m an Enneagram 4 with a 3 wing
- My top values are freedom, authenticity, and play
- My top 5 Gallup strengths are Achiever, Ideation, Input, Activator, and Strategic
- My brain naturally finds strategies and ideas, and wants to organize them into a realistic roadmap to start on right away
- It makes me good at what I do
- I’m an ambivert (Google it)
- I can pick things up with my toes
- I’m double-jointed in my wrists and hands – it freaks people out
- I’m gluten-intolerant and have only intentionally eaten it 3 times since 2009
- I actually live with a total of 21 different disabilities, disorders, or health issues
- I manage all of them naturally without drugs
- Yes, self-care is a big deal for me too
- No, I haven’t mastered it yet
- But I’m getting close
- The more I teach anything to others the more consistent I get myself
- So really, coaching is as much for me as it is for others
- My fav food is the one I didn’t have to cook or clean up after
- Milli Vanilli Radio on Pandora is my jam
- I haven’t had cable TV in almost 15 years (except for a brief stint in Vegas)
- I have 4-5 vivid dreams a night.
- Like, every night.
- French fries are my guilty pleasure.
- My dogs are some of my favorite people.
- My favorite hair cut is the years I lived with a shaved head.
- And that’s about all I have to say.
Wowza. Did you really just read all that? We must be soul sisters!
NOW HOW ABOUT SOME SELF-CARE FOR THE SELF-EMPLOYED?
If you had time to read this, you have time for self-care.
Stop putting yourself on the back burner. Download my free guide, Self-Care in Seconds for 50+ ways to fill your cup while rockin’ your business!
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN, BOSS LADY!
Do we have anything in common?
Share in the comments 3 things most people don’t know about you, or some of the experiences that have shaped what you do today!